Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend of March 28

We, at the Parmenter House, had a great weekend. Caroline and Brian came in Friday night. Ella stayed the night also, because Keaton was here. Keaton and Ella had a fine time all weekend playing together. Nate too. They all play real well together. Each with their own personalities. I love to watch them interact.
Caleb, of course, is above all the baby stuff, but he is good to all of them.

Caroline and Brian went to a wedding Saturday, but were back in the evening. We all had brunch here this morning.( a good time) Paul and I had a pretty good nap this afternoon. Tomorrow,
we clean the basement. It is suppose to rain again, so there will be no working outside. I am also going to finally finish the upstairs bathroom. I got a lot done last week and actually only have a bit left to do.

We had Sara's kids Saturday night also while they went to a dinner meeting which Tony MCed. He has done this for three years now. He is asked a lot to MC meeting and dinners. If I were him I would start charging for services rendered. Bill Clinton does and makes a fortune. What is good for the democrat is good for the republican, and Tony is probably a better speaker, and has never had to explain why he spends so much time in a coat closet.

I am going swim suit shopping this week, every one pray for me. I am forever grateful that companies are now making suits in mix and match so that a person can buy one size top and another size bottom.
LC

1 comment:

Chuck Baker said...

This is in response to the laptop post of last week.

If you want to really simplify things for yourself when shopping you can go to the Dell website and search the laptops and they have one set up to pretty much exactly what you want. It will be the photo/video package or something like that. If you want to buy from Best Buy/Circuit City/Walmart/etc., I guess you should know that 1 GB of RAM is absolute minimum these days to run Windows Vista, if you only get 1 GB now your system will be obsolete sooner, so I would go with 2 or even 3 if you can. As far as harddrive I would get at least 200 gb. One last thing I would really like in your situation is a a drive that burns DVDs as well as CDs so I could make my own home movies.

As far as the mobility you're looking for, I think its pretty difficult to buy a laptop that DOESN'T have the wireless card you need to be able to use the Wifi. Your operating system will have the software to make connecting to the network wherever you are very easy. Connecting at home will still be as easy as plugging your cable into the ethernet slot on your laptop.

Happy shopping; Beth and I are quite jealous!