Monday, March 10, 2008

Busy, busy , busy!

Sara's kids did not have school today, so I asked if I could have them for the day.
Paul was thrilled because he thinks they don't come over enough. He has taken all 3 of them to the video store for Wii games, to Wal-Mart for another controller, and to the grocery store.

Caleb wanted some of "those pancakes you make with lemon peel and ricotta cheese", so having been flattered all to heck, I made pancakes. Ella and Paul also wanted an egg. So there I was on a Monday morning after the time change making this huge breakfast. Oh, well when they need you, they just need you.

I have negotiated with Caleb at .50 more than minimum wage to have him wash my baseboards. I thought it was a deal, since I hate washing baseboards. He and Ella are also going to pick up twigs in the yard for .10 a stick. Caleb has dollar signs swimming around in his head. Ella actually would pick up twigs for nothing, but there are child labor laws.

I talked to Keaton this weekend, he was busy rearranging the bottom shelf of Caroline's pantry. He is the cutest kid! He's coming to stay the last wekend in March, I can't wait.

I also talked to Mom and Dad yesterday. They were both very much on their game. They said that they had gone to church and then stayed after for lunch on the grounds. The weather had been nice all day. Dad had changed their clocks the day before, so they were set to go. The snow is all gone, and the dogs are fine.

I have a meeting this afternoon, and then I must get ready for my friend Sue to visit. She and David have finished their job of traveling around doing insurance adjusting after disasters, so she has more time to spend with me.

I hear that me gang is home.

LC

No comments: