Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ellaisms

We have had another interesting language week around the Robertson household. Sometimes tranlating Ellla's comments are a little dicey, but we usually figure things out eventually. Last week, I had taken down the bathroom door to paint. She decided she had to use THAT bathroom and absolutely could not make it upstairs to a different one. She told me it was o.k. for me to see her pee because we were both girls. Boys couldn't watch girls pee and girls couldn't watch boys pee 'cause it would make them scream. Makes sense to me.

On Sunday, during Sunday school, Ella's teacher read a story to them, and she asked what they saw in one of the pictures. Ella says, "Hippies."

We had a rather stressful time getting everyone ready to leave on time Sunday morning. Everyone, but Tony, had a little meltdown at some point in time. Caleb was pouting on the drive to church and Tony told him that he knew that deep down he was really happy and he just needed to find the song in his heart. (This was said with a certain degree of sarcasm. We're not really that sweet.)Ella pipes up," I have a song in my heart, and it is, "We will, we will rock you!" She then proceeded to sing the next few lines of the song.

Bless her heart, she may make us old and gray before our time, but she is definitely entertaining.
Sara

1 comment:

Baker Blog said...

Can I just say...I love to hear these. You MUST post them more often. All I get it is "You're changing my life" When I won't let her wear black sparkly shoes with a tee shirt and leggings. At least I haven't ruined her life yet! My 4 year old is more sassy, yours sounds a little more sweet.