Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Charlie Baker Bunch lives!

We've had lots going on...CB and I just back from Cardinal Spring Training...a great trip!

I heard someone say recently, about blogging...."I'd rather live my life than spend time at the computer writing about it!" Sometimes I agree....I haven't posted to my own blog since January....not saying the updates here aren't "relevant"...just don't see much about J and AB! FYI - the Charlie Baker Bunch does have the URL and email to post...

From the first post...Most importantly we will be talking about the happenings of the founders of our family, Grandma and Grandpa.I would like to see more of this! Not only what's happening now, but those stories from long before any of us were here, will be gone one day...after my parents died I often found that I had questions for them that I could not get answered...what is your piecrust recipe? How cool were you in high school? When each of us are with Mom and Dad ask them questions, and tape the answers; then transcribe them here! Barring a nuclear disaster this blog will be here for a long time. If we want we can print the stories for a book....

OK - I'll start...AB has always been one of the most gracious people I've met. One example...since CCB was in the NICU then the border room until we brought him home, the doctors wanted us to be especially careful when he came home...NO VISITORS for the first week. Grandma came over to see this sweet little boy (I admit, I'm partial....I'm still partial!). When she wanted to go up to see him I told her "I'm sorry, the doctor said NO VISITORS..." Her simple reply - OK - let me know when I can see him...We visited for a few minutes then she went on her way. No but I'm not a visitor, I'm his grandma!, no other comments....don't think I would have done that if RJB's mom had told ME that!

Did y'all know Mom had a duck as a pet once?

Happy Easter to all! "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."—2 Corinthians 9:15. [http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/2247.htm ]

Suzie Austin
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR,AND DO NOT NECESSARILY EXPRESS THE THOUGHTS OF THE REST OF THE CHARLIE BAKER BUNCH...

1 comment:

Baker Blog said...

I did know that Mother had a pet Duck. It was killed one day when it got under mothers tetter totter. She came down on it's head. She loves ducks', That's why her kitchen was decorated with Ducks at one time.
Jo-D