Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend update

Paul and I went to Cape this last weekend. First we stopped at Mom and Dad's to change clothes and pick them up to take with us. I had taken Mom some new clothes, some I had bought, and some that Linda had bought. She wore a periwinkle blue sweater with a scarf. The color was perfect for her and the length of the scarf was slenderizing. She was very happy with the look, and several people at the party commented on how pretty she looked.

She is doing so well on the medicine that she is taking. There is a new spark to her eyes, and she is much more aware of what is going on around her. I was very pleased and so was Jodie.

Paul mowed this morning for the first time this season. The grass is beautifully green, but patchy yet. Hopefully, the sun and warmer temps will encourage heavier growth. I have buds on my lilac bush. I only put it out last year so I haven't seen it bloom yet. I will take pictures and post them, then we can all enjoy the beauty.

We leave for Hilton Head this Friday. We are stopping at Jamie's on the way out, but coming home a different way. We plan to golf, bike, maybe even fish if we can rent the right kind of fishing gear. Paul says that mine probably isn't suited to coastline fishing. Again, we'll take pictures.

LC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I had better change the bed sheets in Jo D's room. When will you be here? The girls will be very excited to have company. And I will enjoy having Paul around to talk. Girl talk gets old. We look forward to having you. It will be fun. May be we can cookout.

I have never posted on a blog before, so I don't have an assigned handle. I will go with . . . JAK

Anonymous said...

BTW, what earthquake????

Chuck Baker said...

You didn't hear about the earthquake? Really?! It was last Friday morning; a 5.2, so kind of a big deal. Maybe only a civil engineer would be very concerned with such a thing.

Anonymous said...

If it is not on Drudge, then I am not likely to read it. And . . I almost never watch TV. So I guess I live in a bubble.

Chuck Baker said...

Bubble Boy.