Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The trees, they are a leafin'

Paul and I just took a tour around the yard and discovered that many things are thrusting through the soil. The trees are leafing, albeit slowly. The peonies are up, as are the hydrangas. We sat on the porch to have our afternoon coffee, the front porch that is. The sun was shining, but still a cool breeze.

We are planning our wardrobe for our trip to Hilton Head next week. Paul mentioned today that we should get the bikes out soon and see how our legs are going to fare on the biking trips we plan to take around the island. He got his golf shoes all spiffed up and shiny.

We went to the lake this last weekend and froze our tails off. We couldn't play golf and fishing in the sleet wasn't any fun either. I had on five layers of clothing at one time and was still cold. The fish were smarter than we were.


We're going to Cape this weekend to Margaret Makin's 60th birthday party. It is hard to fathom that the friend I have had for the longest is going to be 60. Jodie, Tom, Mom, and Dad are going also. I bought Mom a new outfit maybe we can get her to wear it.

I must wish Katie a belated birthday. She turned 21 on the 10th. That is hard to believe also. Our youngest niece is 21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE.

I must wrap this up here before, I get too morbid .

LC

No comments: