Saturday, April 19, 2008

Satuday Morning

Tom felt the tremor on Friday morning. He was up getting ready for work. For some reason he felt the need to wake me so that I would know there was an earthquake! He said my dishes in my hutch rattled and our pictures on the shelf shock. OOOKKKK!!! And you woke me up, Why? The second one I was at my computor at work. I jumped up and took off for the front of the school, sure there would be a student or a teacher go nuts, but no one felt it. So I queitly went back to my office.
Tom and I watched the ball game with Mom and Dad last night. They have a Robin that has built a nest on the garden hose hanging from their privacy fence. There are 4 eggs. Their question is..How long will it take for the eggs to hatch. And how long will it be before the birds will fly after they are hatched? They are enjoying having the bird so close to the house so they can watch her. Dad has become very attached to her. I think he is ready to name her. He keeps telling me to bring the kids by to see her.
Mother remembers when her mother used to take a pencil and mark the eggs that were laid so that she would know when to expect them to hatch. Dad said his grandma hatched hundreds of eggs in an incubator.
Tom and I, along with Cheri and the kids, are going to SC in 2 1/2 weeks for Ryan's graduation. The boys are excited, because I made reservations at a motel that has an indoor Putt-Putt golf. How cool is that.
Jo-D

No comments: