Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Posting with your own name

The reason my name came up on my last two comments instead of "baker blog says," was because I was logged in using my google account. Because Google owns the company the owns blogger, they have the two systems linked.
That method only worked for comments, however, so I decided to research the site for alternatives. I took the liberty to enable anyone to comment, which in theory would let any random person to comment, but that doesn't seem very likely. It does allow you to just enter your in a box when publishing your comment so that you may identify yourself without a Google account.
Even better, I discovered that we can have as many as 100 authors to the blog, so you can generate posts that have your name tagged on them. Becoming an "author" on the blog is as simple as clicking on the "settings" tab at the top of the new post page and then choosing the "Permissions" tab after that. There is then a box where you can invite yourself via email. Follow the hyperlink from your email account and you'll be directed to a page that will help you create your google account.From this screen make sure you "create your account now," because if you sign in with audrey03 you'll just be logging in with the info you already use. The thing I like best about Google accounts is you don't have a new login name you have to use - it will be your email address just as Reva's was when she created her account.

If you go on to create a Google account you can now use your Google account to login to Baker Blog and write to your heart's content.

1 comment:

Chuck Baker said...

I realize that the text on those pictures is really tiny!! If you click on each one it will pop-up in a new window and be text should be much more readable.

Good luck!