Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thanks for the birthday wishes Aunt Lana and Caroline! I spent Thursday at home studying with my roommate, Kate. It's so funny to live in a sorority with 75 girls and having each of them telling me happy birthday... multiple times! :) Friday night I ventured out to Aggieville. (Caroline, I see why you wrote in my graduation card you and Brian would "always be up for a visit to Aggieville!") It was very fun and I was very safe and responsible! Overall, it was a wonderful birthday!

The weather here has been absolutely ridiculous. Yesterday, it was sunny, beautiful and 70+ degrees. Today, it's rainy and disgusting with temperatures topping out at 50 degrees. It's been like this all semester... but it's getting old now. It's really putting a cramp in my style, ya know?

Pistol has been a very good boy lately (even though I'm sure he feels slightly neglected!). He's patient and brightens my day when I have a chance to visit him. He has already told me he is very excited to go home to St. Louis in a few weeks and spend lots of time with dad. (He also misses mom because she likes to spoil him with lots of treats!!)

School horses have been pretty good too. I've seen lots of babies come into the world and have done a ton of post-partum work. The guys are finally accepting me into the "Horse Unit Cowboy World"... Basically they're not ignoring me or being mean to me anymore. It's a pretty big step in our "relationship."

I'm heading home this weekend to see my parents one last time before I head off to Europe. My trip is only about a month away!

I hope all is well, that everyone is safe and happy on this fine Thursday.

Love you all very much,
Katie

1 comment:

Baker Blog said...

Katie, I'm sorry I did not cpntact you on your birthday. Happy belated birthday. Like Mother, Like daughter.I was not aware you were going to Europe! How exciting. Be safe and have fun.
Aunt JO-D