Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Late Night

I think my peonies have died, I didn't see any sign of life during my last tour of our yard. I'll try again tomorrow when I get home.

I am in Dallas doing some training with a new Director of Revenue Management. This is what happens when you've been in your position too long and your company doesn' t know what else to do with you because you aren't "transferrable." If I had only listened to the wise words of Paul David Parmenter, "You can marry more in 15 minutes than you can make in 15 years." I could be a trophy wife who does charity work and dresses her child in Burberry and Ralph Lauren. BTW, they don't let you put "trophy wife" as your next career move with Starwood Hotels. I do, however, mention to Brian Niemeyer every now and then, but he hasn't seemed to catch on.

Katie Baker, you are 21 years old! I hope you spent your birthday at home in the sorority house drinking hot chocolate and eating chocolate cake. That is exactly how I spent mine.;)

I guess I should try to get some sleep, the alarm goes off very early to hit the gym. Unfortunately, there is a hotel full of drug reps and they all go to the gym just in case their manager is there and they may need to impress him/her. This morning, I had to use the stairmaster because nothing else was available. I hate the stairmaster. If I have to use it, it is a good sign that it might be a "horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day."

Good night.

Caroline

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caroline,
Don't you worry, I spent my birthday night at my sorority studying... However, the next night was a different story! But I was safe and responsible. Hope all is well. Miss you!

KB