Friday, May 30, 2008

Grandpa and Grandma

I spend three days in Jackson and managed to get a few things done. We got Molly to the groomers and cleaned up(she looks real good). Once again, a groomer would not do Trudy(too temperamental). I told Mom that we might as well give up and just keep her bathed. I tried hard to get her bathed, but Mom was resistant because Trudy had already been traumatized.

We had all the medications filled. Mom had one from 4/10/08, Aricept, that she had not been taking. Dad's were for back pain and something else, I forgot.
They get their medications all confused, it is very hard to get them to get it straight. I set them up with a dispenser not too long ago, but Mom did not like it, so she took all the medicine out of it. I don't know what to do. Gail's says that she will take care of it when she goes down next week.

Dad's back(according to him) is still just killing him. He has medicine from two different doctors who can't find any thing wrong, but muscle strain.

We got the family room carpet cleaned, and the traffic area in the living room. It looks real good. Mother would like to put hard surface down in the family room.

I noticed that in the front bathroom, there has been a leak or something. The baseboards are molded and in the back bathroom the side of the vanity is warped and discolored where water has damaged it. Charlie and Doyle what do you think?

Oh, another thing. When the city put in the sidewalk in front of their house they made Mom and Dad move their mailbox across the street. I don't like that at all. No better than Mom can see, I'm afraid that she'll walk out in front of a car when getting the mail. Dad talked to the mailcarrier, and he said there wasn't anything he could do about it. The carrier still comes up their side of the street. I would like to see the box put back on their side. I'm going to call the city of Jackson.

LC

4 comments:

Baker Blog said...

People do drive down that street pretty fast sometimes, but I am pretty sure they won't deliver mail if they have to get out and walka across the sidewalk. Grandpa usually gets the mail I belive...anyway it is still dangerous, I agree.


Thank you for helping her do those carpets! They were pretty gross and if she's hardheaded about getting hard floors I'm sure they will be okay. She doesn't think she's going to need any help having them installed though. She seems to think wall to wall can just be rolled out.


And as for that prescription...I asked her about it the time before last and she said it was for when she finished the bottle she was currently taking. Guess I should have looked to see how many were actually in that bottle, huh??


Poor Trudy. Did Grandma give her a sedative before she went?

Baker Blog said...

Re

Baker Blog said...

Tom and I stopped today to get "little Molly" when we got in. I ask Dad about his back? He said it was better, he just needs to watch what he does. I ask if he is taking his medicine? He said No, Mom said, "You take what I lay out". If we call Jackson and tell them about Mom's condition and maybe show them a dr's form about her eyes, maybe we could get that changed. But Reva is right, Dad usally get the mail.

Tom and I are willing to help get the carpet up and install the floor. Doyle and Charles are coming for Fathers Day. I mentioned it to him he he was down for MOther's Day.

Mom was going to try to give Trudy a bath. Yes Molly looks good.

Thanks girls for see to Mom and Dad while we were on vacation. Dad had his ear bleeding really bad when we were there. I reminded him of his appointment, but Mom keeps insisting that she has no paper on an appointment. Tom is going to take them, now that he has the summer off.

Jo-D

Chuck Baker said...

Is the "front" bathroom the newer one? I'm assuming so - I'm going to guess that water damage is from water getting underneath the walls due to the ridiculously higher than average rainfall this year. To fix it may require taking some of the drywall off at the bottom of the wall and doing some waterproofing. As for the other bathroom, maybe a leak in the roof?