Saturday, May 24, 2008

Next...

Ok, it's someone else's turn! Jo goes out of town and is gone only a few hours when we get a call that grandpa's in so much pain "he can't breathe". Mom talked to him and we decided that I would go down and see how he was. (She's on call and couldn't leave town.) When I walked in he was in his chair, dressed, waiting for me. We started talking and I made him laugh, which made him cry because it hurt too bad to laugh. In the car we got and headed to the ER. I could have gone to an urgent care I guess but I knew they would be able to do any test possible at the ER so that's where we went.
After some blood work, x-ray, and CT scan they couldn't find anything significant. They said he was anemic, but it looked like he has been for a long time. The doctor thought it might be muscular from GRANDPA PICKING UP THE BACK END OF HIS RIDING LAWN MOWER LAST WEEK!! They said it is a waiting game right now to see if it will go away or get worse. If it gets worse they might have a better chance of figuring out what it was. He was given some pain relievers and muscle relaxers which he has not had filled yet. He also has to go to his regular doctor this week as a follow up. I did learn today that Great Grandma Gertie used to work at Southeast Hospital in housekeeping, she did laundry.
I guess that's it for now, except for the fact that Grandma is interested in having her carpet pulled up in the bonus room and I am trying to talk her into to just cleaning it. I told her she could have it done or I would rent a steamer and do the whole house myself. We also need to have a "cleaning party" at the Baker's and a "let's try and sneak the dogs to the groomers" party. Hopefully I will get responses to those get togethers...

Reva

2 comments:

Baker Blog said...

Gail and I talked on Saturday, and I told her that I was going to Jackson on Tuesday(tomorrow) and would take care of the loose ends. Medicine, follow-up to dr., etc. I bought a carpet cleaner, so I will take care of the carpets.
I will do what I can about the dogs, no promises.

I had talked to Gail last week and tlod her that we were staying in town for the holiday.

I have some projects that I am taking to Dad. Maybe after taking some medicine he will feel like doing them.

LC

Baker Blog said...

here I am in New Jersey. Lana I hope you can get that carpet cleaned. I'm in agreement with mother to take the carpet up. It would be easier to keep clean. But I know Reva's concerns about them falling. I suggest that we just let Joyce take the dogs to a groomer. I'm just glas you guys have been able to check on them while we are gone.

We visited the USS New Jersey today. It was in VIETNAM the same time the guys were there. They were very impressed to tour it. They did not get to go on it while they were in Vietnam. We visited Philidelphia and we had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Tomorrow we are going to Alantic City to the beach.