Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Have Returned

We left HHI yesterday morning with the intentions of stopping somewhere around Nashville for the night. The further we drove, the more we wanted to be home. So we drove until we got here. I estimated that we would be at home by 10:30. We stopped in front of the house at 10:31 pm. The drive was really quite good.

Our trip was great, although we wore ourselves out. The biking was wonderful, and we rode for long distances every day but one. We golfed at a course called Island West. Very nice. I took pictures of some of the wildlife on the course, including an alligator. We spent one day in Savannah, a beautiful city! Very historic. I could have spent more time there. We ate at Paula Deen's restaurant.
Great food, but I have to say that my banana pudding is better.

When I get my pictures on a disk I'll post a couple. Thanks to Carrie, I have pictures. I forgot my camera, so she loaned me on of hers.

We spent the night with the Kimbels of Alabama. The girls were sooo glad to see us. They thought I would never come again after our last trip. I did their nails while I was there and told Jodie that she would have to go again in two or three weeks to do them again. They like really bright polish on their toes.
Hannah is such a doll, she loves attention.

Now we have to work in the yard. Tony mowed while we were gone, but the fertilizer Paul put down before we left has down the job. The yard is lush and in need of a trim. Caleb is coming over to help.

LC

No comments: