Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to all you Baker's

See, I do exist. My daughter has graduated from college once again. But the really cool thing, ( I could cry). She followed in my footsteps. How awesome is that. Being a nurse is the best, best thing my Daddy ever did for me. He came home one day and said " you start nursing school tomorrow". I just think Reva will be the best little nurse there is, (next to her mom). I love my job so much and love being a care giver. I know there are all kinds of nursing jobs, but hands on caregiver is the best. Daddy says he thinks she will use her nursing and teaching career together some day and that will be great. But for now, she wants to bring life into the world. I told someone yesterday, she is going to bring them into the world, I ease them gracefully out of the world. I am proud, I am thrilled she is done, for her and for us. I guess this is what a father fills like when his son follows in the family business. She doesn't want a party and I'm OK with that, so everyone just join me in congratulating Reva on her new endeavor of nursing.

I am cutting back my hours at Metro Heart Group as of the 1st of June, I am staying part time so that I can build up more for my retirement. I am going to enjoy part of the summer with the kids and when Shelby finishes summer school, we are going to spend some time with granny and Jim.

Oh, buy the way, Aunt Joyce is comming to town. I will be picking her up from the airport on June 5th but I won't bring her down to Mom's until the 9th. It will just be her, not Allen. She will be here for about two weeks, Jo.

Gotta finish packing, going to see Mickey tomorrow, Mouse that is. See you all soon.

1 comment:

Baker Blog said...

You know that we are proud of Reva as well as all of our nieces and nephews.I'm happy for Chris and his new job. Good luck Chris, you'll do great! We proud of our children and thier choices. I repeat what Lana said, Wow, what a great family!