Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Took Mom to the Dr.

Today I took Mom to the Dr., Dr. Lee was very rude to Mom, I thought. So I switched her over to Dr. Mellise, Which is who Dad sees. I made her appts. for the same day as Dad's. Mom did very well answering his questions. But he thought Mom "did not use her brain" in answering some of them. He ask her to spell "watch", which she did very well. But then he ask her so spell it backward, she had to think about it a little, and he thought she should have been able to rattle it off just like that. He ask her over and over and over to spell it backwards. She got very agitated and could not remember the three word he gave her earlier. Spider, Nail and Africa. So she just told him, "I don't know". So he thought she did not do as well and wanted to have her tested agian. I told hime no. We are going to switch Dr. Done.
We'll be back to blog after Saturday.
Jo-D

2 comments:

Chuck Baker said...

I'm still unclear on who was rude. Was it Dr. Lee or Dr. Mellise?

Baker Blog said...

Dr. Lee. I was at grandma's yesterday and she said that he wanted her to spell the word "watch" backwards and she was thinking. I am not sure if she was trying and getting it wrong, but anyway he kept saying, "Mrs. Baker...you know this...use your brain" which she came back with "I have raised 5 kids and..." She got really frustrated with him.