Thursday, June 5, 2008

NOTHING MUCH NEW AT 320 WOODLAWN

We had several of our trees trimmed last week. They look great and allow more sunlight on the front lawn, maybe the grass will grow better. Next week the painters are coming to do the upper level work.

The work on my swing is coming along. The air is so humid that the paint is drying very slowly. So it may be a week before I get the whole thing done. But, it is going to look gooood.

Caleb had a ballgame tonight. He gets on base every at bat, but Tony thinks he hasn't swung the bat yet this season. They won tonight 15 to 7. Paul babysat with Nate while we went to the game. Good man!

I made a quick trip to St. Louis today. MY FRIEND Beverly was in the hospital,
a cat scan showed a spot on her brain. Sue Hanner and I went to be with Marvin while doctors ran more tests. It turns out she had a lesion caused by one or more small strokes. They were very happy with that news, because the doctors were mentioning tumor. This they will deal with happily. She will have a stint inserted into the coratid artery next week. I called Gail to find out if Reva was at the hospital today, but could not get her. I did not have Re's cell #.

I started a water-walking class today. Great work-out. I told Paul not to expect me to use my legs for anything today. A person could burn 500 calories in 1/2 hour during a session.

Jodie took care of the mailbox situation at Mom and Dad's. You just have to know the right person. Gail will go down in a day or two.

LC

2 comments:

Baker Blog said...

Which hospital were you at? My number is 314-744-0152.

Reva

Baker Blog said...

I went to see Mom and Dad this morning. I wanted to tell them the mailbox will be moved by the end of the day. Mom was very appreciative that we did that. Joyce thought it was a good idea too. The last time I watched him go across the street, he stopped twice to pick something up off of the street. Dad was not at home. He went to Buchiets to pick up something for the dogs. They have fleas. I'm not sure if they gave them to my dog or if my dog gave them to her dogs? I guess we will spray also.

Dad went to church yesterday by himself. You know they have company, so I was really surprised to see him there. He must wanted a break from the "Company". I would. You are a brave woman Gail to want to go down and visit Mom and Dad for a few days!

Ryan is waiting his orders for his next duty station. He hopes to hear in a few weeks. All of his buddies already have thier orders. But Ryan's files were misplaced, by the army, and it will take a little longer to get his. They are hoping for somewhere really cool. Cheri has decided to take the kids and go with him. Philip thinks it would be great fun to live on an army base. He told his Daddy that every time he goes to a resturant and he sees soldiers, He always looks for him. He said he knows he won't be there, but he looks anyway. Doesn't that just grab your heart. He told his Daddy, they should be on a base like he is. Ryan will graduate July 15 from AIT and then he will fly home for a few weeks. I hope to have a bar-B-Que for him when he comes home.

What's the plans for Father's Day?
I know Doyle and Linda are coming down and are going to take Dad fishing for a few days.

Love:
Jo-D