Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kimbel news

I took Grandma to see her eye doctor yesterday. He explained to me that her eye condition has taken the eye sight in her right eye. She can see shadows and bright lights, but nothing else. Her left eye is doing ok for now, however, she is suppose to be taking a vitamen for her eyes, which she is not taking. He told her if she does not take the vitamen, she is going to risk the chance of losing her left eye as well. She does have cataracks on both eyes, but not bad enough to take them off.
Cheri left today at 4 a.m. to see Ryan. She and Jacob arrived in Virginia at 3:00 p.m., The last time I talked to them they were eating Mexican. Ryan will have a 4 day pass this week-end and is due to process out on Tuesday. He will be home for a few weeks before they move to Fort Hood Texas. A 12 hour trip for Tom and I. I plan to have a picnic for them before they leave. I would like to do it in St. Louis at a park. I will let you all know.
Jacob and Ryan started school two weeks ago. Philip loves school. His teacher says he is a sweet heart, but we knew that. He is eager tp participate and is first to raise his hand in class. She says he will excel fast, and is disappointed that he will not remain in IN for her to witness his progress.
Jo-D

No comments: