Monday, February 29, 2016

**Please note change of date...last week I mentioned that there was an upcoming event on May 14. It has been moved up to May 7th. Here is the FB link to the rest of the information. Thank you mom, Jamie, and Michelle!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1066548776741464/


Chemo Day #3!

Michelle and I had a much smoother go of it today...I think I finally got the routine down. NOT a routine I wish I ever had to learn, but if you arrive 45 minutes EARLY you actually get everywhere on time! Radiation was to start at 915 so I arrived at 830 to get registered and have my labs drawn. It was perfect timing. Chemo was quick today...for me at least...but I sleep through half of it! Dang Benadryl!

I met with Dr Craft today and told him that I guess I have been some trouble with food sticking but wasn't aware that was the problem. I hadn't figured in the time that it actually takes for the food to get to that spot in my esophagus. Smaller bites, lots of fluid, etc...ok ok I get it.

No meeting with Dr. Kosuri today. I will meet with her again next Monday. The RN did tell me before she started the chemo infusion that my labs all looked good still.

So that's it...half way through chemo and 10 radiation down, 18 to go! Dr. Craft said we are in the "thick of it now"...great...

A little update on the rest of the household!
Jack recently had his Blue and Gold Banquet for Boy Scouts! I have to get his belt so that we can put all the slides on it still but he has had a lot of fun! He has a camping trip May 14th if anyone knows how to camp! :) The Birk's are not campers, yet. Maybe Jack will help us change our views on icky bugs and sweating while you sleep. ??

Audrey has started her dance competition season! They did an amazing job at the first comp, getting all PLATINUM and even 1st overall for one number! We are at a crossroads in her dance career of her loving her studio and me not being able/willing to make the hour long round trip to get her there! Please pray we make the right decision and that we both have comfort in the decision made.

Shelby is over halfway through her freshman year! It's impossible to believe she will be getting her permit in a few months! She is excited to try out for another year of Flag Corp. I know I am just as excited because it means we have finally found something she likes!!

The kids are not really acting any different right now, I think just because I don't LOOK sick yet. I'm not getting thinner or losing my hair...just sleeping more than normal. They are being more helpful when asked though which is wonderful.

Mikey has been wonderfully supportive. I told him this was a lot to take on...3 kids and cancer! He just won't go! :) He is having to take on a second job since I am not able to work as much and since he is selling the pest control business. I'm going to have to take it easy on his chore list at home I guess! LOL!

Shirts are being ordered today, please make sure you send me your check if you have not already!

Love to you all!
Reva

No comments: