Thursday, February 11, 2016

Membership Required



This is NOT a membership card you want! This is how I check in for my radiation every day.

Today was the planning session for my radiation treatments. They made a mold of my head, arms, and shoulders. It will help me be perfectly still and make sure they hit the same spot every time. They also made three tattoos. LOL! They mark the radiated area with permanent dots so that if I ever have to have this type of treatment again they will see where I have been treated before. It was pretty quick and easy today.

I think what has bothered me the most of all these appointments so far is that I keep learning new information that someone else has failed to tell me. The oncologist failed to mention the 6 week waiting period before surgery, the radiologist failed to mention I would meet with him every week during treatment, no one explained the port until the day of placement, etc...Jamie Pfau had a great idea though I know it would be a logistical nightmare...that you start with a TEAM meeting. There are a team of Drs and such working with you to help you get better so they should all be able to meet at a round table and give you the run down of what will happen in the next few months. There is so much to learn, even as a nurse!

My reflux seems to be bothering me more lately and that worries me. What if I hadn't gone to the Dr at all for simple reflux? How far would this had gone? I already find myself eating less and have almost given up soda trying to not stir up the acid. I hate the what ifs.

Tomorrow is my last day "off" before I am scheduled to be at the hospital EVERY day (between work and treatments) for the next 6 weeks or so. FUN :/ Chemo and radiation start Monday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so loved! Praying for you each and everyday. I hate so much that you're going through this, but you're going to kick it's ass! We love you!