Monday, February 22, 2016

My BFF Jamie had a shirt made! :)
 
Chemo Day #2
 
Today was still a waiting game, but not nearly as crazy as last week! I arrived a few minutes late and ran up to get my labs drawn. This was my first time doing it by myself so I was unaware that I needed to Register down stairs first. Back downstairs we trek and waited to get registered. Jamie and I waited for at least 15 or 20 minutes I think before I finally got called. We headed back upstairs to the lab and checked in. Another 20 minutes before they called me back to access my port and draw the labs. By this point I had already missed my radiation appointment AND my radiology Dr. appointment. I really don't like how they chunk all the appointments so tightly together!
 
I met with Dr. Kosouri, my oncologist, and she seemed pleased with my treatment so far. I told her last week wasn't so bad...I was tired but not too nauseated. She asked if my hair had started falling out yet, which I said no it had not. She and Dr. Craft keep asking if I was having trouble swallowing yet...YET? Ugh. I am NOT ready to start having things get stuck and choke...My labs looked good enough to not have to meet with her next Monday. I was only down a few pounds from last week and she was pleased with that as well. She wants me to stay "surgery ready" so that I heal well.
 
Off to Chemo next...I was in a different area this time and they asked if I would be ok with the bed today. Since the Benadryl knocks me out I figured I might as well be comfy! Good thing Jamie and I talked quite a bit prior to starting the infusion because I slept through almost all of it! Twice now I have taken a bag of stuff to do and haven't taken anything out but the snacks! Ha! I did  not have the same sweaty reaction I had last week, which was nice!
 
Last was radiation...I tried to skip it all together but was told no. LOL. I did have to meet with Dr. Craft afterwards, who said to start to expect the effects of the chemo and radiation to get worse. Yay. Otherwise, nothing new.
 
So far, this evening has been good. I hope it's a sign this will be a good week!
 
Tshirt orders are due this Wednesday. I will post on FB the orders I have placed and if I have received payment. Please let me know if anything is incorrect.
 
Mark your calendars for May 14th! More info to come, but ladies get your Derby hat ready!
 
Love you all! Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

No comments: