Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hello out there!

So Tuesday was the big day! We got to Barnes about 845 bc I had to give Dr. Patterson a copy and of the PET scan from Friday. They took me later than 11 I think, but I don't remember exactly what time it was. I did sign up for a clinical trial where they took blood and path of their own tone tested. Anything to try and help figure this mess it out!

I don't remember much of rolling in to the OR but I hear it really didn't take long. 4hrs?? I remember being in the ICU and them tying to extubate me but I kept biting on the tubes and would desat. I was also gagging on the tubes so I'm not sure what I wanted to keep them for! I had to stay one night in the ICU because of the difficult time the had, but am not there now!


That brings me to Wednesday. I was moved to the step down unit. It was more like an old ICU in that there were not doors, just curtains. The ICU was much nicer! I stayed there for a day and then was moved to the floor. Thank goodness we had already put in for a private room! So here it is Saturday already! I have had my art line removed and my peripheral hand line removed so I only have the central and my power port (which has not been accessed). I still have a primrose? Drain by the midline chest incision, a chest tube on my right side which is not putting out more than 50/hr if 8 heard correctly, and my g and j tubes. Tube feeding started in the step down unit and are fine so far. It's going I pretty slow. I have a thoracic epidural, and it is wonderful! I don't hit my button very often and my pain is usually 0-4! Catheter was removed in step down too so I'm walking to the bathroom and doing daily PT. I was on O2 until yesterday morning. Just couldn't keep my sats in the 90s.

As far as I know I will be in this room until discharge. Not sure of a date yet. I have my swallow study on Monday and will HOPEFULLY GET TO DRINK SOMETHING! Not at all the least bit hungry but I would kill someone for water or ice! ;) hahaha! The nurses have all been very nice.

Thank you for all the prayers, calls, messages, and visits! Prayers are being answered! I will let you all know the pathology as soon as I do and whether I will go another round of chemo or not.

Love you all!

No comments: