Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The next 63 days...

Ugh...today was the first day of the 2nd round of chemo. I had labs, which were low but fine, met with the doctor, and then had a 6 hr treatment. The last time they kept telling me how the rest of the treatments would be much quicker BC they had to see how I reacted to those meds first. They didn't tell me that this time, which leads me to believe the other 2 treatments will also be 6 hours. 😒

Jill and I talked a lot, had lunch, and I took a nap. No surprise, right??

Dr. kosuri says the rest of this week will be yuck and that i should feel much better by this time next week. Almost back to normal in fact!  Two weeks of feeling good...and then we do it again.  I was told multiple times to start taking my anti-nausea meds TONIGHT and take it every 8 hours for at least 2 or 3 days. I also got a new script for another med for nausea. That makes 4! Sheesh!

I will start taking my oral chemo tomorrow and will take it 2x a day. She thinks my hair will start falling out in 2 to 3 weeks. I have to also have labs drawn weekly to make sure my blood counts don't drop too low. If that happens I will start getting shots to keep the counts up.

I think that's it, right Jill?

I'm going to bed. Shelby is in summer school and has to be there at 8. Jack decided not to go after attending one day. ..and I wasn't going to argue. 8 to 3...4 days a week...for a month. That's a lot! I'm a little worried about keeping them occupied the rest of this week though!

63 days. Now 62 days. 😘



1 comment:

smallfry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.