Friday, March 11, 2016

Dr. Patterson

Mom and I met with the surgeon today. He's a pretty no fuss kind of guy. That's ok...I need you to do one thing sir. He drew a diagram of where my proposed incisions would be, one below my left clavicle and one in the middle of my upper abdomen. Then mom, thank goodness, reminded him of my mesh from the hernia repair a few years ago. He asked what type of mesh it is. 😳 Uh...there are different kinds?!? That may change his approach, he has some research to do. They will place my PEG tube then as well. I won't eat for 6-7 days after and then they will perform a dye test to make sure there are no leaks in the reattachment. I will be at Barnes for 7-8 days if everything goes well.

So...finish treatment in the next two weeks.
PET scan 3-4 weeks after last treatment.
Surgery, no date set yet.

I am so happy to be moving through this all without a problem so far! Let's hope it continues that way!💜

No comments: