Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baker Dr. visits

So I took grandma and grandpa to the doctor today. They both went to see Dr. Shoenberger. This was their last visit with him because he is retiring and has suggested a new doctor for them. Grandma had to go as a follow up from Dr. Melles last week because her blood pressure was through the roof last week. Today...it was fine. Maybe just being in Dr. Melles office was enough to raise it. It happens. She is to make an appointment with the new guy for 3 months from now. Jo and mom are on that task.

Grandpa went today as a follow up from his ER visit at the end of May. His back is still bothering him. I have to be honest, and understand this man is like a father to me...I think he's putting us on a little. He was doing ok and then we went in the office...BAM back pain. I think he really is having some but maybe not THAT much. No matter, after being checked out he was prescribed more muscle relaxers and pain pills, moist heat and rest. We'll see how it does.

Then I took him to the doctor about his ear. The doctor gave him a few options and then after hearing Grandma say she changes his pillowcase about every other day decided just to remove the portion that looks like it may be cancer. He also noticed a spot on the tip of his nose that he is going to remove. He says they will take a graft from either his cheek or his neck for his ear. That surgery is on August 5th, no word yet on a time.

Grandma's Aricept was increased to 2 times a day as was the Nimenda (sp?) This was from the Dr. Melles appt last week.

Her couch is super cute and she has purchased new rugs for most of the house...YEA. She seems to have forgotten that she wanted to pull the carpet in the bonus room as of today and mentioned she thinks it's in okay shape. :)

I think that's all for now. We are going to be in Arnold for the 4th bc unfortunately we got and RSVP'd to that one first. I hate that everyone's going to meet my mom's new beau before I am! Blog, blog, blog.

Reva

2 comments:

Baker Blog said...

Blood pressure does funny things when your in the MD office. Mine is always very high when I go to see my neurologist for the MS, worried he is going to tell me something I don't want to hear!!
As soon as I leave it's back down to my normal 119/72.

Was going to go down to Jackson and bring G&G back up for the 4th celebration...grandma wanted to come but grandpa wanted to stay home:-(( She guessed she would try and convince him to go to the fireworks in Jackson!!

Reva...congrats...job well done!!!

LB

Baker Blog said...

AHHHHHH, I'm just now hearing about a new beau. Now I'll have something to talk about at Chuck E Cheese today.
Jo-D.